Thursday, October 4, 2012

Time Flies

DSC00956_edited-1

Floating on through the first week of October…where does the time go?!

DSC00945_edited-1

A few more journal pages to share…this is where my heart is right now…giving me so much joy--gluing, painting, doodling—and learning from the lovely thoughts of those much wiser than I am…

DSC00941_edited-1 

Have you ever wondered how many sayings of Benjamin Franklin’s we use on a regular basis?  I think I’ll look into that.  One smart gentleman, that Mr. Franklin!

DSC00948_edited-1

And this one…gives me lots of peace.  As I worked on it, I kept hearing the beautiful Shaker hymn in my head:  “Tis a gift to be simple, tis a gift to be free…”.  

DSC00953_edited-1

I couldn’t agree more.  Life gets pretty complicated and messy these days, doesn’t it?  Maybe time to slow down a little bit…

DSC00963_edited-1 {experimenting with a white painter pen that had a mind of its own!}

And one last HURRAH for summer…I love this faceless little girl—pieced together with lovely collage bits…It was a VERY good summer…

DSC00957_edited-1

Hope you’re enjoying your moments…they fly away much too quickly…Take some time to do the things that bring you joy….

Julie

{collage summer girl and gingham grass border found on Crafty Secrets’ “Creating with Vintage Typography” CD}

15 comments:

  1. You are just so cute. I wish I lived close to you my friend, and could get together to craft something. Maybe someday! I love the way you journal on one side of pieces, like just right along side the image of the girl.
    Today I made apple butter and apple crisp, plus got everything ready for the beehives tonight. we will be making conference journals for mutual tonight. Maybe soon it will feel like fall outside, cause it sure smells like it inside. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are so gorgeous that your children will argue over who gets them! I love looking at the graphics, I'm so happy you show them to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted to check out your blog for the first time and join as a follower! Your work is beautiful and it's nice to meet another "kindred spirit"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your journal pages are SO beautiful! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pretty pages and the sayings are inspiring! I can see why this gives you joy! Thanks for passing on the JOY!

    sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages! I love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, Your witches frame in the previous post is so cute! I have to laugh, when I read the first page of this post, I thought it said, "Lost your love life?" I hope not! Have a lovely fall weekend. Your pages are always so inspiring. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not agree more with Laura Ingalls Wilder...the simple things are the best....it is so easy to get caught up in the rush of just about everything...perhaps there should be a speed limit life....go slowly so you can enjoy it all!! Love your journal pages!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'tis a gift to be simple, tis a gift to be free'....LOVE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful art you have created. I am a teacher and volleyball coach so I don't get much creativity time during the school year. Your art makes me yearn for the time to create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these Julie...adorable pages. Also love seeing your pins on pinterest. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little summer girl with all of the text symbolic of capturing the memories:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time does fly by so quickly. Love looking at all your detail on your journal pages... lovely.

    Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all that you create Julie. I, too, wish we lived closer. You could sure help me with my memory book. I have only done two pages in it. I need to stop being so slack and get with the program!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your creations are beautiful! I need more studio space, to branch out into art journaling! I have sort of started this process, but I need a whole new space for it! Your work is so inspiring, so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete