Thursday, September 13, 2012

Autumn Thoughts

DSC00632_edited-1

Halloween’s not very far away, you know…

DSC00629_edited-1

…the thought just dawned on me this week. 

So, I gathered up some of my favorite fall fixins and played with a couple of journal pages…

DSC00643_edited-1 {I’ve always loved this old poem}

One thing I learned on these pages?  Black iridescent watercolor paint is not my favorite.  Looks a bit green, doesn’t it?  Maybe the gold painted vines set it off that way…I don’t know.  Next time—black gesso.  Oh, well--it was still fun to paint!

DSC00648_edited-1

And the most fun part of all?  Experimenting with the old, gold-flecked sealing wax I ordered on Ebay a while ago…beautiful stuff!  I dropped a couple of extra drops around just to make it look a little Hallweenier

All the great vintage graphics are found on Crafty Secrets new downloadable Halloween collection—easy peasy!

DSC00650_edited-1

See you soon with something new…

Julie

15 comments:

  1. We used to sing a song about Halloween in Primary...the last line, "pumpkins with eyes, shiny and bright, make you shiver with fright" always made a shiver run down my back. Aren't our Halloween memories a fun and special thing? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, You just made my day with these super cool journal pages! I adore them and I'm going to go add them to our Etsy store. I added the Halloween Download files and these pages show off the designs so perfectly! Now I'm happy we didn't add witch hats to 2 of the ladies, as they will work so well for autumn and other projects

    PS You are so lucky to have such great handwriting and lettering skills, sigh...I wish!

    Thanks for sharing
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color pallet. It is always fun to see where you letter. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journal pages...they are so creative! Keep sharing!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. great journal pages Julie- Autumn is also my absolute fav time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal pages, dear Julie! I'm always smitten with your beautiful lettering and I love the lady with that bingo skirt. Fabulous!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting excited for Autumn now...and you just added to the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie,
    What lovely journal pages. That image of the vintage woman is wonderful. Great work.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love fall! What great prints - I especially love the Halloween one :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journal pages are gorgeous. Love the colors you've used! Just perfect!

    Happy September!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your journal pages!! So many ideas to borrow!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your graphics are stunning my friend...wow! I welcome Autumn with open arms...and a happy dance! xoxox

    ReplyDelete